3305 Local Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
collapse

* 3305 Local

Refresh History
  • Longscope: It's very likely. It's just a waiting game right now.
    October 02, 2017, 08:39:21 PM
  • Ringfinger: I feel like (or hope) once SC takes off we'll see more communication here :)
    July 31, 2017, 11:55:40 AM
  • Vertigo: *walks in, looks around, shrugs, leaves*
    July 02, 2017, 02:06:04 AM
  • Ameriss: *pokes tumbleweed* Think it got stuck, no wait there it goes!
    May 01, 2017, 03:04:18 AM
  • Zedar: Moved SWTOR to legacy section.  We need to find a new game for everyone!
    April 28, 2017, 04:40:02 AM
  • Zedar: It seems that the tumbleweed must have gotten into the server and cause it to shut down for a few days....!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    April 19, 2017, 02:56:26 AM
  • Longscope: a month passes.... that tumbleweed is slow as hell.
    April 04, 2017, 07:29:15 PM
  • bungysma: *watches the same tumbleweed going by Denmark....
    March 05, 2017, 11:44:20 PM
  • * Longscope watches a tumbleweed roll by
    January 21, 2017, 04:37:31 PM
  • Zedar: Thanks Krusty - I didn't get an email about it  - I changed my account recently! Sorry!
    December 22, 2016, 04:36:29 AM
  • Krustyleet87: LS - I activated the accounts associated with those usernames and set it to re-send the e-mails. They should be able to login now.
    October 05, 2016, 10:50:55 AM
  • Longscope: Hey guys, we have 2 new members that are not recieving confirmation emails. Paxus22 and Rockseeker. can someone check that out?
    October 01, 2016, 08:58:41 AM
  • Longscope: Any luck getting in Cmp?
    July 09, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
  • OverGrowtheGov/Cmp: 4 days, 20 hours and 22 minutes.
    July 05, 2016, 07:02:57 PM
  • OverGrowtheGov/Cmp: Yo anyone able to log on to AO while free and give me Gen or something... i need to be able to invite
    July 03, 2016, 11:05:47 AM
  • Ringfinger: Absolutely! Count me in!
    April 29, 2016, 11:55:05 AM
  • Longscope: Just a reminder. We have a Discord channel of our very own. Lets use it to coordinate and voice in Rocket League etc. Should help.
    April 24, 2016, 07:59:53 PM
  • nocebo: that's what she said
    April 05, 2016, 05:34:49 AM
  • Auto: The initial load in takes forever, then once I'm here I can hop to different posts with ease. /shrug
    April 02, 2016, 03:59:54 PM
  • Auto: Yeah it's weird, I don't have this problem anywhere else.
    April 02, 2016, 03:59:26 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: chi chi chi...  (Read 2449 times)

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
Re: chi chi chi...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »

Pledged for Shroud of the Avatar and been dinking around in that. 

Are pets still chore to upkeep in ARK?

Krustyleet87

• Administrator
  • Grand Master Troll
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »

Are pets still chore to upkeep in ARK?

they can be if you let them - mostly I've been playing with groups of people so the "burden" of stuff like that is split. We have 3-4 bases spread across the map right now (playing on the center - I really like it personally!) where our main base has the majority of our dinos, and some of the others have mainly stuff for utility for the base. Right now we don't have a lot of dinos just because we haven't had a need for it. We try to tame what we need for kibble production and stop there unless there is a legitimate need to tame another one. On other servers we've gotten so big it can become a chore, but since most of us have been there and done that, we try to keep it to where we have enough to get things done, but not to where its not fun anymore.

One thing with prim + is that the meat is a bit different. You can get poultry which lasts longer and provides more food per bite, so its for sure better to feed dinos with than raw meat. Also, before an item (raw meat for example) spoils and turns to "rotten meat" it turns to "old raw meat" which dinos will still eat. From there it will then spoil to rotten meat. So it gives a bit more time before the item is rendered useless in terms of feeding.

Thats probably not as much of a straight answer as you were looking for... I'd imagine if you're a solo player and have a crap ton of dinos (say 100+) its still going to be a bit of a chore to keep up with them, but when you're in a bit more of a group setting its definitely more manageable just because its not always 1 person doing all the work every time you log in. That is where its more fun for me personally when we're a tribe that works as a single unit.

Krustyleet87 - 220/30 Adventurer

Longscope

• President of the 3305 Star Citizen chapter, Ancient Member, Handsome Devil
  • 3305 Officer
  • King of Trolls
  • Steam page Admin, Reddit page Admin, Discord Admin
    • 3305 Steam Page
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »

Pledged for Shroud of the Avatar and been dinking around in that. 

Giving serious thought to picking that one up. How is it?
I know Lord British is making it, and it's an Ultima sequel in all but name... and Richard Gariott is awesome.

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 07:39:49 AM »

All I can say is that it is different.  Like the old Ultima games, skills gain points over time so you can decide your own style.  Overland travel is basically a map that you walk across and can enter any zone along the way.  You can also have a random encounter along the way. 

There is PvP and they are going to let player-owned towns be PvP flagged also.  Kind of like EQ back in the day, you have to declare PvP status to the oracle and I think quest to undo a PvP flag.  But you know me, I detest PvP so don't pay attention.  There are also zones that you can PvP as well -- shardfalls.  Only PvP flagged players can be attacked and I think only by other PvP flagged.

There are both NPC cities, town and villages as well as player-owned towns (POTs).  Both kinds offer player-owned housing, but in a POT the owner decides who can live there.  You have to buy a land deed (in-game or out) in order to place items.  You'll have to purchase (in-game or out) a house (and/or basement) deed.  There are many housing things.  If you have the money and decide to play, try and find a bundle that includes a tax-free deed.  There are a finite number of lots in the NPC cities.  Lots range in size:  row, village, town, city, keep, and castle with costs commensurate with the size (over 1m gold for castle upkeep).  Most NPC city lots are already claimed.

There are no rails, you can go most anywhere but there are still a few places you have to earn access to.  Some complain that combat is too difficult but I don't think so.  There are no level X zones per se, but they indicate danger level by the number of skulls (1-5) on a pole at the entrances.  Most zones are fairly small (much the opposite of SC hehe).  While crafting system is basic (put items in get product out) but quite complex nonetheless with number of recipes and integration between crafts.

Again no limits, you can play whatever style.  Skills take longer and longer to level up as they go higher but unlock others too.  You gain points as you kill stuff (or craft) and depending on the danger level versus the skill's level can have leftover points that are put into a pool.  You can practice skills (outside of combat) to raise skills until the pool has been depleted.  Ore is the most difficult harvesting skill because the nodes are hard to spot and are more limited than trees, fauna, and flora.

Combat works with the standard 10 number keys for skills.  However, you can decide to set them to always be available or you can create a randomly given set of "decks" where you can assign multiple skills to one of the hotbar slots.  As combat progresses, these skills pop up randomly for you to use but are also more powerful than locked ones.

Well enough verbal spew... if anyone does decide to pledge and would like to hook up, my toon is Swett Hogg.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:12:37 PM by Swett »

Longscope

• 3305 Officer
  • King of Trolls
    • 3305 Steam Page
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »

Damn, that sounds awesome!

Is it fun?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:24:53 AM by Longscope »

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »

I'm playing it over No Man's if that means anything.  I can solo 3-skull areas with skills at about 40/100 (goes higher than 100 with master training I think) and can foray into 4-skull areas for a mob or two at most.  If I've read correctly, the system looks at your aggregate skill levels (there are a LOT of skills) and assigns an overall "level" when you face foes.  But you also have innate skills that increase things like attributes, dodge, fire dmg, etc. as they level, so that is part of it too.  I found myself a nice 3-skull for harvesting and good-ole monster slaying. 

The mobs are pretty limited at the moment, but perhaps the variety will increase as I level.  Easy zones are basically melee mobs.  They make zones harder by adding ranged mobs (archers/mages) and social behaviors.  They also have zones where you progress by holding down control points.  The longer held, the more frequently chests pop.  You have to hold a control point in order to move on (I think that's how they explained it).  But those are the end-game.  Not much group content other than those, but they are planning to add more.

You can also play the game offline or online.  Offline saves are separate from Online saves.  Additionally, you can chose to play on-line solo or multiplayer.  Those are the same save, so if you have a zone you like to roam, you can go solo if you want it to yourself (or hide from prying eyes / pvp).  But solo you can't see/talk to anyone else.

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »

SoTA is now in "EarlyAccess" mode and they are no longer offering certain funding pledges.  But it is still beta.  There are quests, but they are similar to the old EQ way of trying to figure out the right 'trigger' word to say (type) to either get or advance a quest.  However, they provide larger chunks of xp for the skill pool which makes 'levelling' quicker until it's depleted.  The more skills you try an raise, the slower your overall advancement will be. 

Haven't fallen in with a group yet, but I'm enjoying the game.  Took a little while to get beyond the steep learning curve without leaning on the wealth of links (provided in-game) for help.

If anyone gets the cheapest pledge/account and would like to check out the game, I own some property and could add you to the rights list for access to chests and crafting stations.  Inventory is seriously limiting and property is really the only way to have enough storage (extra bank slot costs are exponential).

The game is still in development, but since they now call it "early access" I don't think any more wipes are coming.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:01:08 AM by Swett »

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 09:12:09 AM »

The more I've played (and learned along the way), the more I'm enjoying the game.  Hands down better than No Man's Sky.

The game is still in development/beta even though they call it EarlyAccess.  The devs has stated that it should take 3 years of constant play in order to raise all of the available skills to their theoretical maximum (200).

For the last two releases (33, 34) they've given each land-less pledger a raffle ticket in-game for a land deed.  Not sure if they will carry this forward in future releases, but right now, the odds are pretty good.  You can also buy raffle tickets in-game but only the early backers have enough coin for that (the top 1%).

Mines.  There are mines :).  I'll just leave it at that.

Best add-on purchase (if still available) are the indestructible tools.  All armor and weapons decay with use.  So a sword may start at 100/100 but will wear down (99/100, 98/100, 97...) and also lose durability (88/99, 82/98).  You are only able to repair items to their current durability (82/92 -> 92/92).  If durability reaches 0, the item breaks and cannot be used but can be repaired.

This is important because you spend a lot of time crafting items.  Each bonus you add via mastercrafting or enchanting an item lowers the durability by a small amount.  Exceptional (via crafting crits) items start with 50% more durability so can be given more enchants/masters than non-crits.

They are still adding features.  Agriculture and food will be related but farming is not yet implemented.  You can still grow a few items, but just placeholder mechanics.

And lastly, for anyone brave enough to wade through all that text, I have an extra access pledge.  You'll need to create an account (just the account, no purchase) and let me know the name of the account to have access turned on for.  It may take a few days for them to act on it however.

I can get you set up with better basic gear and a place to stay (i.e. chest storage).  I can also provide transport around the map.

disclaimer:  only one available; first come, first served, not responsible for loss of personal life.

Longscope

• 3305 Officer
  • King of Trolls
    • 3305 Steam Page
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »

I wouldn't mind having at it. At least to give it a shot.
But I'm willing to give it up if someone wants it more.

Krustyleet87

• Administrator
  • Grand Master Troll
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »

Was watching some videos on it and it looks pretty neat. It definitely has an old school vibe to it, which I'm drawn to. It does look like it can get pretty grindy but I'm not sure thats really a bad thing anymore... but thats a whole separate point.

Gunna ponder for a few hours and think about if I wanna take your pass or not, if LS hasn't snatched it already! :P :P

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »

Well, I actually have 2 spare accounts.  If both of you are just looking to test it out, I can give each of you the login to one, but you'd have to put up with where/how they are located/decked out and their purpose hehe.

One is in the archer start, second has been started as a fighter and is in a mine.

Can only have one toon per account. 

edit:  Yes, grindy to be sure, but intended as you ride out the exponential curve to get that little extra edge.  Crafting is only grindy if you want to make the ultimate gear -- that is the incentive.  In addition, when you MC or enchant an item, there is a chance the item itself will turn to dust. 

So you have to decide if you want to risk that +7 sword that took a long time to make and gamble yet once more for a +9?  At least MC and enchanting are separate upgrades.

Between projects atm, so generally online in-game most of the day.  Do we still have voice chat?  I could hang out there I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:12:37 PM by Swett »

Krustyleet87

• Administrator
  • Grand Master Troll
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »

Yea - I think I'll check it out. It looks fun. Account name: frayedsanity

For voice we have a discord - I'd just use that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:57:30 PM by Krustyleet87 »

Swett

• Soloist
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »

Ok the spare pledge has been given to frayedsanity, not sure how long the CS staff will take to process the request, at least it was an open ticket.  I don't know if they will contact me or you when done.

The offer still stands for the two 'loaner' accounts for anyone interested in trying it first.

Krustyleet87

• Administrator
  • Grand Master Troll
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »

Awesome ! Appreciate it man. I might not be able to be around until Friday, but I'll hop on Discord to see if you're around when I do get access.

Krustyleet87

• Administrator
  • Grand Master Troll
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »

You ever used Discord? Its pretty nice. I'll be around for a bit - you should be able to download the client and just paste in the link in the discord thread and you should be able to connect. If you need a new invite let me know and I should be able to create one for you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal