3305 Local Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
collapse

* 3305 Local

Refresh History
  • Longscope: That's cool. 3.3 is on the PTU test servers right now. It's VASTLY improved. I'm getting triple digit FPS now
    November 04, 2018, 06:38:44 PM
  • Auto: Downloading SC alpha to mess around with, been bored with games lately.
    November 03, 2018, 03:31:50 PM
  • Longscope: Right auto?
    October 26, 2018, 08:50:05 AM
  • Auto: :(
    October 05, 2018, 03:35:33 PM
  • Longscope: Ghost. Town.
    May 29, 2018, 04:54:29 PM
  • Longscope: It's very likely. It's just a waiting game right now.
    October 02, 2017, 08:39:21 PM
  • Ringfinger: I feel like (or hope) once SC takes off we'll see more communication here :)
    July 31, 2017, 11:55:40 AM
  • Vertigo: *walks in, looks around, shrugs, leaves*
    July 02, 2017, 02:06:04 AM
  • Ameriss: *pokes tumbleweed* Think it got stuck, no wait there it goes!
    May 01, 2017, 03:04:18 AM
  • Zedar: Moved SWTOR to legacy section.  We need to find a new game for everyone!
    April 28, 2017, 04:40:02 AM
  • Zedar: It seems that the tumbleweed must have gotten into the server and cause it to shut down for a few days....!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    April 19, 2017, 02:56:26 AM
  • Longscope: a month passes.... that tumbleweed is slow as hell.
    April 04, 2017, 07:29:15 PM
  • bungysma: *watches the same tumbleweed going by Denmark....
    March 05, 2017, 11:44:20 PM
  • * Longscope watches a tumbleweed roll by
    January 21, 2017, 04:37:31 PM
  • Zedar: Thanks Krusty - I didn't get an email about it  - I changed my account recently! Sorry!
    December 22, 2016, 04:36:29 AM
  • Krustyleet87: LS - I activated the accounts associated with those usernames and set it to re-send the e-mails. They should be able to login now.
    October 05, 2016, 10:50:55 AM
  • Longscope: Hey guys, we have 2 new members that are not recieving confirmation emails. Paxus22 and Rockseeker. can someone check that out?
    October 01, 2016, 08:58:41 AM
  • Longscope: Any luck getting in Cmp?
    July 09, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
  • OverGrowtheGov/Cmp: 4 days, 20 hours and 22 minutes.
    July 05, 2016, 07:02:57 PM
  • OverGrowtheGov/Cmp: Yo anyone able to log on to AO while free and give me Gen or something... i need to be able to invite
    July 03, 2016, 11:05:47 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warframe  (Read 1092 times)

Vamier

• 3305 Member
  • Forum Troll
Warframe
« on: July 10, 2018, 02:46:59 AM »

I played this game when it first came out and didn't care for it much.  Stopped playing.  I didn't even remember the account name I created.  Warframe was supposed to fail.

After seeing several recent articles from different sources about it's second wind, and some boredom, I tried it out again.  Like the people writing these articles I also seemed to have gotten in to the game.

A lot more to do and strive to do.  The missions are fast paced, which is good cause you do need to do a lot of them to get items needed for crafting.  Need a steady flow of new weapons, tools, and companions (which are craftable) to keep getting XP for your Master Ranks. These items you use and craft top out at level 30.  You stop gaining xp for your master rank because these items are now maxed and not getting more xp.  So need a constant flow of new stuff to keep leveling your MR.  Master Rank is what you need to keep leveling in the game.  Maxing out the level on weapons and frames is nothing.  Those levels maxed just means you are not getting any new MR xp.

Also there is a mission board that constantly post new !Alerts which are missions on different worlds that have special rewards sometimes associated with them or "Mods" (think of a card collection model) to add to your weapons, companions, and frames.  These pop up missions usually run between 30 and 60 minutes and then disappear from the Alert board.  I've gotten Mods, Blueprints, Credits, etc from running these.

The clan Dojo needs to be built and you need materials collected from around the game to craft different rooms and placeable items in the Dojo.  Ghost of the items can be placed and members can approach the ghosted item and donate materials to the completion of those items.  There is a Clan rank that lets that rank place Dojo items, but anyone at any rank can place donated materials in to the item.  Once the item has all the materials needed it will start crafting it (usually 12 or 24 hours for most items).

There are Story chain missions you can run, mission to unlock pathways to new planets, Missions to scan and store all the different people, items, and things in the game.

There are more things you can do as well, but you can see there is a lot to do within the game now.

All for free.  You can pay to gain xp and credits quicker, but you dont need to.  You can collect everything within the game, even Platinum, which is the games purchase with $ credits.  There are several money systems in the game.  Credits, Endo, and Platinum.  Again all of these can be obtained for free by running missions.  You do not have to pay for anything unless you want to speed things along.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention my findings here in case anyone else might be interested.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:07:41 AM by Vamier »

Nidrew

• STO Expediter
  • 3305 Officer
  • Expert Troll
Re: Warframe
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »

Like you I had played for a while long ago. I didn't care for it either. There are a lot of games in my backlog but I'll keep it in mind if I don't feel like playing playing the games currently on my list.

Ringfinger

• 3305 Member
  • Expert Troll
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »

Agreed! My story is almost identical as far as trying it back when...

I'm sure I'll be logging into this game more and more over the next few months. It's really taken off!
Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for life.

Longscope

• President of the 3305 Star Citizen chapter, Ancient Member, Handsome Devil
  • 3305 Officer
  • King of Trolls
  • Steam page Admin, Reddit page Admin, Discord Admin
    • 3305 Steam Page
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 05:13:06 PM »

I tried getting back into it about a month ago.
I don't know what it is, but I'm just super "meh" on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal